Monday, June 9, 2008

Breakfast...or something like it

Breakfast:
1/2 cup of raspberries (.5)
1 cup of organic whole milk (4 points)
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt (1.5 points)
2 eggs (4 points)
2 slices of whole wheat toast (4 points)
2 teaspoons of butter (2 points)

16 points for breakfast. I usually have 3 eggs with two pieces of toast, but figured in the interest of point reduction I'd have only two. I think what I'll do next time is nix one of the pieces of toast. That gets rid of one of the points of butter, too.

I have 21 points left for the rest of the day.

I'm off to the Y with my oldest child, after a night of crappy sleep quality, thanks to a baby who is both teething and on the verge of developmental leaps, and some crazy growth spurt that seems to require him to nurse all night. I see nightweaning in our future.....

Lunch, and then I'm off to work:
1 cup of red beans and rice (5 points)
2 cups of salad (0 points)
2 T green goddess dressing, which I did not realize until afterwards has 4 points.
3 Jolly Ranchers (1 point)

Dinner:
1.5 cups green beans (0 points)
1 cup red beans and rice (5 points)
2T green goddess dressing (4 points)

Snack:
2 carrots (0 points)

That killed my point allowance for the day, but I was still starving. So I added up the calories for all of that instead, and came up with 1620. 1500 is the bare minimum recommended by LLL for a nursing mother. Yeah, I'd lose on that amount, but that's a pretty drastic reduction, combined with a marked increase in physical activity. I think I'm going to have to rethink my strategy. Not ditch it, mind you, just rethink it a little. I will probably use some calorie counting, which I have avoided in the past due to a tendency to obsess, although I've never directly obsessed over calories before (PF Chang's Great Wall of Chocolate aside), and keep up the increased physical activity.

No comments: