Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Back on the wagon

Breakfast

Spirutein Shake
Whole Milk
Strawberries
Raspberries - Frozen Fruit

Lunch

Mixed Baby Greens - Organic Specialty Salads
Carrots
Kraft Natural Cube Cheese - Colby & Monterey Jack - Cube Cheese
Full Circle Dressing Organic Goddess - Salad Dressing, Mayonnaise, Sandwich Spreads --okay, so it was actually Annie's All Natural, but they don't have that one in the system, and the calorie division is the same.
Egg, Whole - Cooked, Hard-boiled -2 of them
Total Calories Consumed
843


Plus another 870 for the remainder of last night's 1270 calorie dessert.

That's okay. Dinner is yet to come, and it will be a good one.

Plus, I spent 30 minutes on the treadmill and bike today, and we're planning to go for a walk when DH gets home, as it's just this side of nice. I burned 158 calories with my workout this morning, and later, I walked around the house. And lifted the baby a lot.


______________________________

No walk. I messed up my back picking up the 22 pound baby who will be much easier when he finally learns to walk (13 months and counting....none of his brothers walked before 15 months), so we got a trip to the chiro instead. I love my chiro. My back feels better, and that's good.

But I'm hungry again. I'm noticing that the days I work out leave me ravenous all day. That's frustrating. On the good side, I scratched my leg the other day, and noticed that there was muscle where there hadn't been any before. :D I'll take it!

I need to get into belly binding--even though it's been waaaaaay more than 40 days since I gave birth, I wonder if it would still have an effect. My abs are nowhere near as strong as they need to be. Must. do. more. pilates.

Here's the dinner/afterdinner/dessert/midnight snack breakdown:


Dinner

Beef, Ground, 85% Lean Meat / 15% Fat, Loaf - Cooked, Baked (meatloaf ala DH--tasty)
Broccoli - Cooked, Boiled, Drained, Without Salt
Mixed Baby Greens - Organic Specialty Salads
More Goddess dressing
Ketchup

Snacks

Egg, Yolk - Raw, Fresh
Stop & Shop Sugar Pure Cane Granulated
Cocoa, Dry Powder, Unsweetened
The rest of the Molten Chocolate Cake with chocolate and caramel
Beef, Ground, 85% Lean Meat / 15% Fat, Loaf - Cooked, Baked

Total Calories Consumed
2,299


The above is about right. There isn't a calorie counter that I've been able to find that takes breastfeeding into account. Ollie still nurses quite a bit, in addition to nursing at night still (nightweaning really is just around the corner), and Henry still nurses twice a day. I have a fairly abundant milk supply, so it's a pretty safe bet that I'm burning around 300 calories that way, too.

Wow, that's a lot of food. And now I'm hungry again, so I need a very light snack, and then off to bed. :yawn

2 comments:

CNH said...

K, what's all the short hand mean? I'm lost!

Lindsay said...

I copied and pasted from caloriecount.com. They have a nifty little chart. The letter is their "food grade" which is iffy at best, because it relies on the typical low-fat, low-cal type of diet as a standard, and one of the numbers is grams, and the other is calories. I have no idea which is which.lol