Thursday, August 21, 2008

Shin splints

From the Wikipedia article entitled "Shin Splints": "An individual not accustomed to running may experience pain in the shin muscles the next day even after a single, short bout of intensive running."

That individual not accustomed to running would be me, and the single, short bout of intensive running would be the 3/4 of a lap I wheezed my way through Tuesday afternoon.Now my shins hurt, and my hips hurt, and it appears that 196 pounds is a lot of weight to drag around when trying to start to run.

Fortunately, it's not debilitating pain, just annoying, overused muscle sort of pain.

At the very least, I'll do the arc tomorrow, since that's pretty low impact, but I'd really like to avoid giving up on running this soon, which I'm afraid I'll do if I can't get right back to it.

No comments: